The Green Beast is the perfect drink for relaxing with a crisp, fresh beverage featuring our beloved Green Fairy!
In most cocktails that call for it, absinthe tends to take a bit of a backseat. In The Green Beast, however, it gets center stage!
This is great as either a cocktail or as a punch for your next party!
The citrus from the lime plays beautifully with the absinthe while the cucumber works to really bring all of the flavors together in a way that is refreshing and delicious!
Personally, I add a bit of mint to mine to really bring out the freshness of all of the ingredients!
Follow this simple recipe to make a Green Beast of your own!
For a single drink, I do 1 ounce each of absinthe, syrup, and lime juice. For water, I add 4 ounces.
- 1 part absinthe (Pernod absinthe recommended)
- 1 part simple syrup
- 1 part fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Cucumber (thinly sliced)
- Mint leaves (just a few, to taste)
- 4 parts Ice Water
- Slice your cucumber into thin wheels.
- In your glass or punch bowl, add the simple syrup, followed by the lime juice and then the absinthe.
- Add in the cucumber wheels. (For a glass, I add three plus one more as a garnish.)
- Lightly beat the mint sprigs against your wrist or forearm to release the fragrance. Pick off a few leaves and add them to the glass. (Naturally, use more mint if you’re making a punch.)
- Add the water and give it a light stir.
- Garnish with cucumber and serve!